Your support & contribution will help make Kirkland a better place to live!
- Wake Up and Smell the … Roses
- Webcasting public meetings is a growing trend. Not in Kirkland.
- Town should not have paid councillor’s legal fees: Quebec
- Should elected officials use public funds to sue their critics?
- How Much Would That Be Per One Kirkland Citizen?
- News from Beaconsfield
- Mike, that’s transparency! – take 3
- Kirkland homeowner resists pipe inspection
- Kirkland approves pay hike for members of council
- Mike, that’s transparency! – take 2
Monthly Archives: August 2014
Albert Kramberger | The Gazette | August 19, 2014 …In a July 25 letter addressed to the director general, complaints commissioner Richard Villeneuve stated that “it is generally understood that it is for elected officials to assume the costs of … Continue reading
Brenda O’Farrell | Just between us | August 20, 2014 The ministry’s complaint commissioner recently issued an opinion that a municipal councillor in Kirkland should not have dipped into the public purse to foot the bill for a defamation action against a resident. Read … Continue reading
“Kirkland resident wants councilor to follow municipal affairs ministry’s suggestion” -by Kevin Woodhouse, The Suburban, August 20th, 2014 It is somewhat encouraging to know that our Town Hall ignores not only its citizens’ opinion but the recommendation of the ministry … Continue reading
Beaconsfield faces legal costs over denied access to information by Albert Kramberger | The Gazette | August 19, 2014 Request was to access former mayor David Pollock’s agenda – read the article here.